Monday, July 4, 2011

Wedges!

Mmmmm wedges.
Nope, not the potato variety - shoes!

I have to remember to close my gaping mouth, and wipe the away the dribble when I pass the Santini store window - if I'm walking with my hubby, he has to pull on my arm a little to get me to keep walking.. I LOOOOOVE shoes.

I can't really explain it.. I'm mostly quite a practical person, I don't like to waste, part of me likes being frugal (I've been a member of Simple Savings since 2005!).. but there is something about shoes that calls to me.

Shoe Hooks

I'm only supposed to have as many shoes as I can fit on the hooks on the side of our wardrobe (hubby's rule).. but it's no secret that I have them stashed all through my wardrobe, under the bed, as well as on the hooks..  and these past couple of years I've been lusting after some nude wedges but being a student up until this year couldn't afford the $200-ish price tag for a good quality pair.

Also after being a student for almost a decade, I learned (the hard way!) that it's (generally) better to wait and buy one pair of great quality shoes than to get a crappy cheap pair that lose their shape/don't fit quite right/hurt! sooner.

So it's probably a good thing that I only discovered asos last year! Because we are in "opposite" seasons to the UK, I can buy current season stock for the Australian weather on sale.. and their shipping is free with no minimum spend... but I read a lot of blogs from the US, so find myself lusting after summer gear in my Aussie winter and winter gear in my Aussie summer..

When I found these beauties -nude leather wedges, for AUD$32 with free shipping.. I couldn't believe it!

ASOS Harrison Cross Front Wedge Sandal
Now I just need the weather to warm up.. or I could get brave and just wear them now I suppose :D

No comments:

Post a Comment