Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Upcycle.. Lambswool Cardigan

I own a delicious pine green lambswool cardi that I got on sale a couple of years ago on Ezibuy and it had been gathering dust in the drawer, hardly getting any wear.

I had my eye on a military style cardi on asos (I can't find the link to it anymore :( ).. but couldn't justify spending around $50 on it .. so I decided to re-create it myself.

Before: Green Lambswool Cardigan
I went to spotlight and picked up some black cotton tape, and gold buttons.  The gold buttons were the killer.. at $8 for enough buttons to replace the original green buttons, and also to add to the military look.

After around 2 hours of hand sewing in front of my fave TV shows, here is the finished product:
After: Military Style Lambswool Cardigan
It's a great feeling when you take something that wasn't being used, and make it something new :)
$9 and a couple of hours work later.. a "new" cardigan.. an it was of course really nice when I wore it for the first time and received a lot of compliments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment