Tuesday, April 12, 2011

KMart, you are really pulling your socks up

When I'm working away from home, KMart is one of my happy places.  Sad?  Perhaps, but you do what you gotta do when you're missing home.

On a recent trip, I found these gorgeous shoe boots.. about a 7.5cm high heel (not too bad for me.. not a wear all day at work boot, but not too high to go out with friends in).. in a mock suede, but for $29, who cares?  They could last just one season before they look ratty or fall apart and I'll still be happy as Larry.

I noticed that KMart has recently started differentiating themselves from the other discount retailers based on price point.. which I think has been working well (coming from somebody on whom advertising works).. I've noticed they carry more of their own branded products, and less expensive ones (but you can find them elsewhere if you need them), and the quality of their home branded products seems to have improved.. not only in materials, but they are much more 'on trend' in terms of styling.  And with the longer opening hours, it's kinda fun to trawl the store when other people have gone home.

..um, no.  They're not paying me to say nice things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment