Sunday, April 24, 2011

Blog Therapy

Sometimes blogging is a cure for heavy heartedness.. something bright, colourful and cheery can lift the spirits.

I went and browsed some of my favourite blogs today, and as always.. felt lighter afterward :)
It reminds me that there are still good things and good people and things to look forward to in the world.. who could ask for better than that?

We went away this weekend, and I had such a lovely time, I've just been a little melancholy because my job isn't a very good fit.  I'm working on something else, but I have to finish out the year.. which causes a bit of heartsink.. so lets keep thinking about happy things :)  I've done this before (but it was a different job), I can get through it.. but need bits and pieces to look forward to and help me keep perspective.

.. my DH is also trying to teach me to find happiness in things other than shopping.. not to say that I'm a horribly materialistic person, just that I like finding presents for people, and the "hunt" of finding a bargain.. but it's not sustainable long term if you're trying to get through a hard patch.

Ok, so heavy bit done with..

Yesterday I was shopping online for my little sister's birthday present.. it's not til May, but I get so busy with working shift work that I've been uncharacteristically forgetting things.. and I know she loves OPI nail polishes.
I usually buy my OPI polishes online on eBay, as $20-25 per bottle here in Oz is just waaaaay too expensive.
My fave store is Be Bold Go Glam - yesterday I went a little mad and for what I would normally spend on her for a birthday present, I was able to get 4 brand spanking new bottles in her fave shades (including postage).. I got a few Essie polishes for myself too.  I haven't tried Essie before, but have seen on Cupcakes & Cashmere that it's Emily's favourite polish, so thought I'd give it a go... will let you know how it goes :)

I can't put the shades I bought my little sis on here, in case she reads it.. but can show you the Essie shades I found.. at only US$5.50 per bottle (plus postage) that's pretty damn good.



Essie Neo Whimsical Polish

Essie Midnight Cami Polish
Essie Limited Addiction Polish 


Essie Mink Muffs Polish

I hope you've all had a wonderful Easter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment