Saturday, August 6, 2011

Martha Stewart Tissue Paper Pom-Poms

Our lounge room is great {I promise I'll do a renovation special soon} 
We renovated a 1950s apartment that had been relatively untouched since the early 60s - the apartment resembled the inside of a caravan with faux wood panelling and concertina doors.


Anyhoo, there was just something missing above the dining table.  There isn't really provisions to put a pendant light over it, and I wouldn't want to in case we want to move the table one day.


I really like the look of this and due to the reason outlined above, thought I would make Martha Stewart's Tissue Paper Pom-Poms and attach one with transparent thread to the ceiling as we have clever white wood panels embedded with down lights on our ceiling.


I purchased transparent thread ($3), white tissue paper ($1) and got to work.


I love the finished look, unfortunately Hubby doesn't love it, so, it probably won't last long, but it was fun and at least I know I can make this sort of thing for parties and the like in future :)


Check it out!!
Close Up White Tissue Paper Pom-Pom

Hanging over the Dining Table

No comments:

Post a Comment