Friday, May 20, 2011

I need a whole life makeover!

Ever look at your life and feel as though you need a makeover?  Me, I need one.  Yup.

I worked for almost 10 years at uni to get my qualification at uni, and put a lot of things on hold.. and this year, my graduate year has been a melting pot of exciting anticipation, exhaustion and heartbreaking lows.
This year (without going into too much detail as I'm still a bit shy about sharing some things on my blog ) is one of those years you just have to survive to get to be able to then do what you want afterwards.

So, 20 weeks down, only 32 to go!  I know, I know, I'm not even halfway, but even this feels like a MAJOR achievement.

But, now I'm focussing on the future.. it's getting so close I can almost taste it!
I'm applying for a job that I think I'll really really love, my application is in and I have confimation that they've received it, so now I just need to wait and see.. I'm very well qualified for it, so I'm quietly optomistic, but as always, I can't count my chickens until they're hatched.. so will wait and find out if I get into the program before I get too excited.
This particular job involves lots of study in a field I really love, work that means I can wear nailpolish (when you can't wear it, you realise how much you enjoy wearing it!), I can wear pretty things without worrying that they'll get ruined, and I won't have to work shift work.. ahhh heaven!

The other exciting thing is that next year we can look into starting a family.. which is also very exciting!

I don't usually believe it wishing away your life, but this year has already been so incredibly painful at times, I'm very excited about the prospect of finishing it!  On the other hand, I've endured a great deal and grown a great deal.. those two things seem to always go together dammit!  As my mum says "It's character building - but how much character do you really need?"


Until next time.. here is a picture of a wool-rich dress I snagged from http://www.asos.com/ for AUD$25 including shipping (shipping is now free all the time on asos which is fan-tabulous) :)


ASOS wool-rich knitted dress

2 comments:

  1. All the best with your uni work, you must be past halfway now... : )

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! Yep, getting there.. have been flicking through some photos which remind me how much has happened already so far.. can't wait til i can reflect on the whole year gone!

    ReplyDelete